Interior Design Tricks and Hacks
Even if you love your home, you may feel the need to shake things up from time to time. Whether you’re feeling cramped, making things safer for a child or pet, improving your lighting, or just sprucing up your décor, there may be some simple fixes you haven’t considered. When you’re ready for a change, we’ve got some interior design tricks and hacks to help.
- Does your living space feel cramped? Painting rooms in softer, lighter colors can make them look and feel larger. Mirrors, too, can create the illusion that the room is bigger than it really
- If you don’t just want it to feel roomier, but actually need more storage space, get creative. Make use of every nook and cranny, utilizing baskets, boxes and even furniture with built-in storage to house your clutter. Think of unexpected ways to create storage, utilizing vertical space and in-between spaces as well as more traditional areas. A shelf above a door or a unit placed between cabinets can yield a surprising amount of storage space.
- Shed a little light on things, without installing a new fixture. Our hack? Mirrors again! Strategically placed across from windows, mirrors can amplify the natural light in the room, as well adding dimension to your living space.
- Change your décor using what you already have. A slipcover can transform your existing couch. Rearranging furniture and accessories to mix up patterns and textures can add interest to a room, and unearthing some family mementos currently stashed in boxes can create a new display.
- Find art in unexpected places. Trays and platters can make an interesting display space for books, frames, or candles. Decorative plates can become wall art, as can pages from books and maps. Consider art from a children’s book for the nursery, create a display from beloved text, or frame a map of one of your favorite places. Mirrors can come into play here, too, filling empty wall space with interest.
- Liven up your living space naturally. Using plants is an inexpensive and lovely way to decorate your home. Not only do they add beautiful greens and pops of color, but they also help clean the air in your home, absorbing pollutants and removing harmful gases.
- Some of the best decorative touches are cheap and easy. It’s simple to put on a new coat of paint, and you might not even need to do a whole room. Painting a bookcase or table can brighten up a room, or you can add color in unexpected places by painting your fireplace mantel, the inside of closets, hallways or ceilings. Throw rugs, too, can change the look of a room without breaking the bank.
When the tricks and hacks aren’t quite enough anymore, and you’re ready for a custom built luxury home, Cachet Homes builds exceptional homes that anyone would be proud to own. Incorporated in 1990, Cachet Homes doesn’t just build homes with simple elegance and sophisticated style; we also create neighborhoods consistent with home values. We build our homes with care and concern for the community, and we are committed to operating with social responsibility for surrounding land use. To learn more about how we can put you in a beautiful home built to meet your needs and expectations, contact us through our website.