How to Choose a Home Builder
Building a home is the best way to get your dream home. Renovations can help, but nothing beats building a home from the ground up. When you build a new home, you can design it according to your own vision, and you don’t have to settle for renovations.
Although building a home is extremely appealing for many home buyers, picking a home builder can be difficult. A great home builder is an expert in their field and can make the vision of your dream home come to life. In this blog post, we’ll discuss how to find the right builder for your new home.
Know the Qualities of a Good Home Builder
If you want to know how to select a home builder in Phoenix, Az, you have to better understand the qualities that make up a good home builder.
1. They are direct. Direct communication is critical when it comes to asking questions and communicating your wants and needs to the homebuilder. Plus, a home builder with great communication that is willing to work one-on-one with you will be able to help you better understand the timeline and expectations.
2. They are clear. Stressing clarity is another quality of a good home builder. They will draft a concise and clearly-written contract that provides complete transparency.
3. They embrace inspections. Third-party inspections are conducted by a good home builder throughout the home-building process.
4. They have a great portfolio. Although all home builders have to start somewhere, you want to go with a safe option. That means finding a home builder that can show you a portfolio of previous stellar work with satisfied customers.
5. They use quality materials. Good home builders know you don’t want to skimp on the quality of materials when it comes to buying a good home.
Know the Types of Home Builders
There are several types of home builders, including these main types:
• Fully custom home builders — Build custom homes for each client. They work directly with the client and architect to construct the home and work on the client’s land.
• Production home builders — These are much larger outfits that build hundreds or thousands of homes. They provide choices for clients to choose from with options for upgrades.
• Semi-custom home builders — This is an option between the smaller, more custom design of the fully custom home builders and the lower expense and limited options of production home builders. They offer clients options to choose from but can add additional customizations according to the client’s design specs.
Know What Questions to Ask Potential Home Builders
When going through the process of choosing a home builder, it’s essential to ask some key questions, such as the below:
• What’s the timeline? Do your builds usually adhere to a timeline?
• How often do builds come in over or under budget?
• Ask for references from past clients.
• Do you make custom floor plans?
• Have you done similar projects before?
• What’s included in my quote? How do you determine the price?
• How do you deal with changes during the building process?
• Who is going to supervise the project? How often will they be on site?
• Are you insured and licensed?
• Do you offer a warranty?
Ask Your Neighbors, Friends, and Family for Recommendations
Once you’ve decided on the type of home builder in Phoenix you want, the style you want, and you know what questions to ask potential home builders, the next step is finding a good one. The best place to start is by asking satisfied neighbors, family, and friends who have worked with good home builders in the past.